Friday, September 2, 2011

Lewis & Clark State Park, Montana

 

On Monday, Miss Carol and I arrived at the Lewis & Clark Caverns State Park for a one night stay before heading on to Bozeman, Montana.  This is a very nice State Park with Electric hook-ups only and a dump station. The Caverns appear to be similar to Carlsbad Caverns in appearance and the tour is 2 miles in length. We arrived too late in the afternoon to be able to take the tour. The campground sits in a valley with a real pretty fishing stream running through it and completely surrounded by mountains.

lewis_clark_st_pk (2)                                                                                                  

Lewis & Clark panoramic video

 

We are now in Bozeman, Montana just north of Yellowstone Nat. Park.  We will be here for a week then on Tuesday morning we’ll be moving inside Yellowstone to the Bridge Bay Campground located on Yellowstone Lake.  Bridge Bay Campground closes for the winter on the 11th so we’ll be moving from there up to Mammoth Campground near the North Entrance. We plan to spend the whole month of September at Yellowstone.  We hope to be able to see some snowfall while there and take some good pictures.  We also hope to use our new solar-system while there.

brown_yellow

brown_beige

 

brown_yellow

join_this_site_brown

1 comment:

  1. I remember driving my MH up to the tour of the caverns in 2006. Oh my, what a drive it was! The hike up to the cave tour also almost did me in. I stayed in the campground overnight, but I don't think there was any electricity then. It's one of those things I did before I had a toad, and wouldn't do again. The tour was great, but driving the rig up to the parking area was a mistake! I'm glad I did it then, I wouldn't do it now. :) Enjoy Yellowstone, one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our Blog. It is nice to know that they are getting read.