Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Day On The Island

mackinac_island_2010 (10)
  Today we took the ferry over to Mackinac Island to take in the sights, shops, and scenery. The landscaping on the Island both private and public is amazing. The flowers are beautiful. All the old homes and buildings are kept immaculate.
We had a good boat ride over because I took Dramamine before boarding. The wind was blowing pretty good and I didn’t want to take any chances.
mackinac_island_2010 (22)
We got there early and it was real nice. Had breakfast at a little quaint Cafe’. Carol and I both ordered Huevos Rancheros and the salsa was delicious. By 3:00pm it was beginning to get crowded. Seemed like 90% of the people were riding bicycles and the other 10% was on carriages. We decided to head back to the mainland and beat the rush to the boats.
As always, The Grand Hotel was GRAND.
We shot some video and will be posting it tomorrow after editing it.
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. We absolutely loved our time on Mackinac Island.

    We were two of those nuts riding around on bicycles, or should I say bicycle, we rode the tandem bike and had a blast.

    It was even more fun since I loved showing Jerry my home state. We do plan to go back someday for more sightseeing in Michigan, until then we have many memories of our visits so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our Blog. It is nice to know that they are getting read.