Friday, May 28, 2010

Asheville, NC Area


On Wednesday the 26th, we drove south of Asheville to an area with lots of waterfalls.  We visited two falls that were in the movie "Last Of The Mohicans".  The first one was Hooker Falls. This was the fall that the canoes went over while being chased.  We had to walk about 1/4 mile on level to see this one and was no big deal. Was definitely worth the walk. The second one was Bridal Veil Falls. This was the falls where they hid behind the waterfall in a cave during the chase scene.  We had to walk 4 1/2 miles round trip on a gravel trail that was up and down some very steep inclines. It's been two days now and our legs, knees, ankles have still not recovered. I told Carol that I wasn't going to go see anything else that I couldn't drive to!!!  Ha Ha. We did enjoy it very much though. I wished I'd had the video camera going when Carol stepped onto a very slippery rock and her feet went straight up into the air and her walking stick went into the water. It was right next to the rushing water coming off the Bridal Veil Falls and it scared the crap out of me. I stuck my walking stick against her to keep her from sliding into the flow of water. All she could do was scream "Get my stick, Get my stick". Thank God we can laugh about now but was scary at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our Blog. It is nice to know that they are getting read.